This service is available to all members. Materials can be used / referred to in the Hypermedia Resource Section only. As this is a closed-access service members who wish to use / refer any of the AV materials may do so by giving the call numbers of the required items to the counter staff for retrieval.
VIDEO SHOW SERVICE FOR CHILDREN
This service is carried out as part of the library’s extension activities usually held on a Saturday based on the schedule done by the Sabah State Library Storytelling committee.
Registered members can borrow video and sound cassettes from the lending fiction and non-fiction collections.
Members may reserve any AV titles that are on loan by other members. Nominal reservation fees of RM0.50 for each item will be required.
The audio-visual collection consists of fiction and non-fiction materials in the following formats :
- Video cassettes
- Audio/sound cassettes
- Compact discs
REGULATION AND LOAN PROCEDURE
Each member is given a membership card :-
1. Members should produce their membership cards whenever they use / refer to the Multimedia material in-house.
2. Members can use their membership cards for borrowing video and audiocassettes for one week.
3. Loans are limited to 2 items at a time. Other materials such as language learning kits which has more than 2 cassettes and text materials will be loaned out partially.
4. Should any item becomes faulty or is misplaced during the loan period, members will be required to pay the exact cost of the item. Membership will be suspended until payment is made.
5. Members are advised to adhere to the COPYRIGHT ACT 1987 which states that:
- Loaned item is for personal and family use at home only.
- Loaned item cannot be lent to other people.
- Loaned item cannot be duplicated in any way.
- Members are to take care of the items: By not keeping them in a warm or wet places and ensuring that they are not placed near magnetic areas such as around speakers, television sets and electrical hardware
6. A fine of RM0.20 a day will be charged for each overdue item.
Eligible public members are encouraged to become members of the Hypermedia Section as there is a wide collection of materials on various subjects which may not be available in book or other printed formats, such as language learning kits, management and so forth.