Welcome to Overdrive
Our 24/7 access service to e-books, audiobooks, music and video.
Overdrive is free for all Sabah State Library members throughout Sabah.
If you are not yet a member, please go to the nearest branch of Sabah State Library, register as a member there and inform the counter staff to activate your Overdrive account.
For members of the computerised libraries (SSL Headquarters Library, Kota Kinabalu Regional Library, Sandakan Regional Library, Tawau Regional Library, Keningau Regional Library, Penampang Branch Library and Lahad Datu Branch Library):
1. If you registered or renewed on or after 24th March 2010, sign in using your IC number (without hyphens in your numbers, eg 620103125656.) The PIN is: ssl2010.
2. If you have renewed before 24 March 2010, please refer to your membership card and sign in using your library membership number (the numbers/alphanumerics in the barcode label) eg 040211120229, or T059081A. The PIN is: ssl2010.
Members of all other branch libraries, please contact your library and ask for your account to be activated, giving your name and IC number.
Other quick info:
3. You may take out four items at a time
4. You can specify the loan period (7 days, 14 days or 21 days.)
5. The items you borrow will be automatically “returned” once the loan period is up. You may return e-books earlier but not audio-books.
6. You must download and install a couple of free software in order to view or listen to the materials you download. “Attention iPhone and iPad users:
You only need to download the Overdrive app which is free in the app store.”
For eBooks, you need Adobe® Digital Editions.
To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
For audiobooks, download OverDrive Media Console™.
To download and install OverDrive Media Console, click here.
7. For information about device compatibility and other technical details, please click onto the Overdrive page.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that some titles in this collection may not be suitable for children. Please use with discretion.
If you are using a network with poor bandwidth, you may have problems downloading image-heavy pdf, audio and video titles due to the huge files. We suggest doing the downloading when the network is less busy or finding an alternative venue with better bandwidth.
(For more detailed information and reviews on the books you are interested in, there are many sites you can visit: eg www.amazon.com.)
If you encounter any problems, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Details to include when reporting a problem:
- Your Library Card Number
- Title you were trying to download
- Format of title you were trying to download (ePub, Pdf, MP3, etc)
- Your Operating System (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Your Browser and Version Number (IE 7.x, Firefox 3.x, etc.)
- Device that you are using
- Text and/or screen shot of any error messages